AND SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS
After 10 years of photographing incredible weddings, elopements + portraits, I decided to put my energy into helping other photographers with their business.
"Community over competition" has been the spirit of my business since day one. And now I love that I can take it to the next level and help you take control of your business.
In the spring of 2007, I left a depressing job in a windowless room. I had a 3 month old baby at home and desperately wanted to be home with him more often. He was nursing, so being gone 8 - 9 hours each day meant that I had to pump alone in my depressing office with little human interaction.
When I focused on taking my photography business full time, I was passionate and motivated to be my own boss! I wanted to be in charge of ALL THE THINGS.
This is great....only for so long. At some point, you hit a wall and realize that you're spread too thin. Mistakes are made. Opportunities are missed. Finances are out of control. You're working longer hours than you expected. You don't feel as passionate about the work you're doing. You contemplate finding another job.
Three years into my business, my 3 year old son asked me if I loved my phone more than him. Ughhhhhhh - dagger to the heart. I was trying to run my business from my phone and had zero boundaries.
Later that same year, my husband asked me if I wanted to divorce. Ughhhhhhh (again)....no, no, no. The truth is that I was married to my job, not my husband. I was putting so much pressure on myself to be wildly successful at the expense of my marriage and health.
I was lost. I was lonely and afraid.
It took a hell of a lot of work to correct that. I went to therapy, hired a business coach, set boundaries and made time for self care. I will be the first to tell you that the process is not easy. But what I realized was that I couldn't do it alone. I needed a support system of strong people.
In that, I found more peace and clarity than I expected....and the work never ends. I’m showing up for myself and others in ways that feel honest and purposeful.
Stop the chaos.
Find your support system.
Get a coach.
5 WEEK BUSINESS COACHING
$1000 (50% DOWN WHEN YOU SCHEDULE YOUR FIRST SESSION)
We'll meet (via video) for one hour each week for 5 weeks.
You'll have homework, but nothing too stressful.
- Create a schedule (business and personal) so that you feel like you're in control again
- Set short and long term goals
- Define and set boundaries. Examples:
- when is it ok to work for free?
- how many collaborations should I say yes to?
- who has my cell phone #?
- how many hours do I work on per project?
- Prepare or revise client contracts
- Attract the work you want
- Narrow down the services that you offer - be more focused and intentional
- Restructure your pricing (do you know your value? are you charging enough?)
- Create a business budget
- Streamline your post-processing / free up time for what's important
- Create a Mission Statement and work on Core Values