BEAUTIFULLY DARK SESSIONS
There is beauty where there is darkness: both, in the absence of light and in life experiences. I have a deep connection to women seeking healing and peace. For the introverts, the shy, the quiet, for the women that want an honest portrait, there are Beautifully Dark Sessions.
I began photographing these women in dark environments where the light came down on them like a veil and I was overcome with emotion as I saw them in this new light that they were completely unaware of.
Your Beautifully Dark Session will be about you.
Unposed. Unfiltered. Raw. Emotional. Beautifully Dark.
Do women really love the experience and the images of themselves?
I thought I'd share the messages (anonymously) that some of the women sent me after their sessions:
- "Thank you for being a catalyst for this change in me. Thank you for being an amazing support and thank you for giving so much of yourself. You are a true inspiration and I am in awe of you. When I first saw the photos you took of me, I was a little uncomfortable. They were gorgeous and the most beautiful photos ever taken of me and STILL, I had a hard time looking. Despite all the beauty, the insecurities were there, laying a little dormant. Photos of me smiling, that is easy, the more serious ones are not. But then I looked again. And again. And again. And again until I realized I couldn't NOT look at them and I was kind to myself because that is what I am teaching myself to be."
- "OH MY GOD! Kym- I'm SO moved. So many amazing beautiful shots. You are so incredibly talented. Wow. I'm speechless! ❤"
- "I sent you an email earlier, but I've just been in awe and feeling grateful all day. You are incredible, Kym! The experience you created during the shoot and the images you captured made me feel beautiful and confident in a way I never have before. And the way my mom said she felt looking through her images! I can't thank you enough ❤"
- "You are incredible. Thank you, thank you. You've helped me love myself."
- "I feel so much love when I see these photos. They all seem to capture my true self! You have such an amazing gift and you have inspired me to keep searching for what will make me feel most fulfilled in my profession."
- "Kym! The photos are gorgeous! Thank you so much for making me feel so comfortable, strong, and beautiful - and for giving me a new mantra: 'I am patient.'"
- "They are absolutely amazing! I got teary eyed looking at them. Thank you again so much! They are beautiful. You are so talented my dear. ❤️❤️❤️"
- "Thank you so much for such beautiful pictures, moments! I love them all. You are one deeply talented genuinely amazing woman. And I am so fortunate to have been graced w/ your spirit! Sending you much love & joy on your adventure in NH!"
- "You are gifted...I've never liked photos of myself. Now i have so many to choose from. :) Just love"
- "I just wanted to say thank you for being so wonderful at our session on Saturday. You are incredibly good at making people feel comfortable in what would usually be an uncomfortable setting. Phoenix will miss you!"
- SESSIONS ARE $900
- your session will be 60 minutes
- you'll be in a quiet, uninterrupted, safe space with me!
- fall + winter 2017 locations: New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts
- october 15 - 19, 2017 location: Phoenix, Arizona
- includes a password-protected, online gallery
- includes a minimum of 30 fully-edited images
- includes all of your EDITED, high-res images (no watermark)
- because this is an emotional and sacred experience, I only photograph one woman at a time (sorry, but no husbands, wives, partners, friends or children! believe me, it's worth it. xo)
- if you're coming from out of state, we can give you some suggestions on places to stay, eat and visit -- make an adventure out of this!
Use the form below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I can't wait to connect with you! xo